Sustainability in a Fragmented World
*This event is hosted at the European Movement International (EMI) pavilion.
Organised by European Movement Turkey
When we hear the word sustainability, we may think about environmental protection, but also economic and social development, inclusion and equality and many more challenges. While we often agree that action is needed, the solutions are rarely simple. While the challenges we currently face require new visions and bold actions, proposals should be realistic and the different strategies should be developed in accordance with the necessary economic, political and cultural shifts.
The event will discuss the causes and impacts of the rise of nationalism, how rapacious economic growth and demographic changes cause disruption and destruction in the environment and the social, and how to encounter these threats through gender equality and civil society action which contribute to democracy.
- Prof. Dr. Gül Günver Turan (President of Turabder)
- Associate Professor Çiğdem Nas (General Secretary of the Economic Development Foundation IKV)
- Dilek Aydin (TÜSİAD Representative to the EU & BUSINESSEUROPE)
- Associate Professor Zeynep Alemdar (Vice President of Turabder and founder of the Women in Foreign Policy Platform)
- Moderator: Ela Taşkent (General Secretary of TURABDER, Board Member of EMI)